We want to invite you to the 2nd African Conference on Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms (ACEMM), organized by the African Society for Edible and Medicinal Mushrooms, Accra Polytechnic and CSIR-Food Research Institute, Accra, which will be held in Accra, Ghana from 24th to 28 March, 2009.
Accra the capital of Ghana in West Africa is a vibrant, historic and beautiful city. Click to read more about Accra. You can also read about the history of Accra. Other information about the city of Accra and Ghana in general is available online. The 2nd ACEMM Conference will be a culturally rich and informative event for mycologists and mycology students, medical doctors, ecologists, bioremediators, microbiologists, biotechnologists and all those who are interested in knowing the most current research on the usefulness and biological properties of mushrooms in the following fields:
- The history and use of mushrooms in African food and medicine
- Mushroom cultivation
- Medicinal properties and pharmacology of active compounds
- Mushroom supplements ( nutraceuticals)
- Fungal physiology, biochemistry and genetics
- Mycoremediation (Fungi mediated bioremediation)
- Biodegradation & bioconversion of agricultural wastes
- Systematics, taxonomy, distribution and ecology
We recommend that your entire correspondence with us (registration, abstract and paper submission, accommodation inquiries, etc.) be carried out electronically. For the right person to contact please go to our contact page.
2nd ACEMM Organizing Committee